Attention Members of the Minnesota Debate Teachers Association
Please mark your calendars for our fall membership meeting on Saturday September 8th at Eagan High School from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. If you cannot make it to this meeting there will be a second meeting the following Saturday September 15th at the CTAM Convention in Rochester, Minnesota. We are holding two fall meetings in order to optimize our membership participation on several key issues which we feel are very important and of interest to all members of the MDTA.
Preliminary Meeting Agenda
- Presentation of our outreach efforts to increase membership and participation in high school debate activities.
- Discussion of our foundation funds and the actions that the executive committee are taking to protect and grow our funds so that they can be used to promote and grow debate in Minnesota.
- Discussion of all MSHSL rules for running the state debate tournament (any changes we wish to make must be presented on September 17th to the league when the Debate Advisory Group meets with league officials).
- Re-Sectioning for Policy and LD debate.
- Public Forum: Where is the event at and where do we go from here? A discussion about making Public Forum a State Festival.
- Awards: Presentation of the Coach of Year and the James Graupner Outstanding Service Award.
- Other issues including membership, the MDTA website, judges for state, other items for the good of the organization.